Vendor FAQ for 2017 WBMC
Dear Makers and Vendors,
The members of Austin Facial Hair Club are honored to host the 2017 World Beard & Moustache
Championships in Austin, Texas. This three day event will be held the weekend of September 1-3, 2017
near the heart of downtown Austin to celebrate facial hair, comradery, and to help charitable
organizations. Proceeds from this event will be donated to three charities—F.A.R.M., LIVESTRONG, and
AFHC is excited to provide makers and vendors with a platform for showcasing and selling their products
to a worldwide community. We hope that by participating as a vendor, it will lead to additional
opportunities including future sales, wholesale orders, media exposure, networking, and more for your
business. Vendor applications are now open for the 2017 WBMC.
- Location: The Long Center for the Performing Arts, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78704. The Vendor Market will be held indoors in the Kodosky Donor Lounge. The lounge is located on the Mezzanine Level of the Long Center with floor to ceiling windows wrapping around the East & North side of the building that offers a wonderful view of downtown Austin’s skyline.
- Vendor Set Up: 9:00-10:00 am
- Vendor Market Hours: 10:00am-8:00pm (This is subject to change dependent on the amount of competitors for each day)
- Table Size: Each vendor will be supplied with an 8 foot x 2.5 foot table, table cloth, surrounding table skirt, two chairs, and WiFi.
- Vendor Advertising: Each vendor will have their logo in print on the 2017 WBMC brochure, a logo link on the WBMC website, and a hyperlink on the 2017 WBMC Facebook event page. (Logos need to be 700 pixels x 700 pixels.) You will also be provided promotional materials.
- Vendor Fee: $150.00 USD a day or $300.00 USD for all three days. Vendors get 2 spectator passes for each day you vend.
- Unloading/Parking: Load in through the service area is available at 9:00am. Please let us know if you have any specific needs or requests regarding access to the service yard. A list of vendors will be supplied to the gate keeper. Parking is free for vendors in the service yard. We ask that vendors do not pack up or breakdown until the market hours are over on Sunday.
- Vendor Clean Up/Teardown: After the vendor hall closes each day we ask that each vendor clean up their space and throw away/recycle any trash. Teardown is from 8:00pm-9:00pm on Sunday, September 3.
- Security: There will be on site security during the market hours. The Kodosky Donor Lounge doors will be locked in the evening and security will be onsite after operating hours. Please note AFHC, 2017 WBMC, and The Long Center are not responsible for theft, loss or damage of merchandise.
- Important Note: All applications go through a juried process. Applicants will be notified after their application has been reviewed within 72 hours of the submission date.
- Payment: If accepted as a vendor an electronic invoice will be sent out along with a vendor contract for the 2017 WBMC, and each potential vendor has 10 days to make their payment to secure a spot.
- Cancellation Policy: Vendor cancellations will be accepted via email and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline. Vendors will receive a 75% refund for cancellations made prior to June 1, 2017. For cancellations made between June 1-Aug 1, 2017 vendors will receive a 50% refund. There are no refunds for cancellations made after August 1, 2017.
- Sponsorship: Sponsorship packages are available. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please see out sponsorship package and contact Bryan Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vendor spaces are limited so RSVP your spot today by filling out the vendor application contract with your payment.
Antony DiRico, AFHC Merchandise Manager & 2017WBMC Vendor Liaison