On Saturday, September 26th, dog lovers throughout central Texas will convene and show off their canine’s coiffure. Please join the Austin Facial Hair Club and Austin Animal Center at the Mohawk for the 2nd Annual Dog Beard and Moustache Competition.
The Mohawk and Austin Facial Hair Club are teaming up again with the Austin Animal Center to help pets in need of forever homes. The Austin Animal Center runs the largest animal shelter in central Texas, providing shelter to more than 18,000 animals each year, as well as animal protection services to Austin and Travis County. This open intake facility accepts lost and surrendered animals from all of Travis County regardless of age, health, species, or breed. Come strut with your mutt and help raise awareness and funds for this amazing organization.
Don't have a dog? Come join the party anyway! Doors open at noon. This family-friendly event is $5 (suggested donation) to attend plus $5 per category entered. You can enter your dog into as many categories as you like.
- Dog & Owner Look-A-Like: Pet and owner must be similar in appearance, style, and attitude
- Freestyle: Styled beard and moustache. Styling products permitted, any shape or color! Emphasis on creativity and complexity of design. No artificial hair, but costumes are welcome.
- Best Groomed: Neatest-looking, well-kept dog beard. Emphasis on symmetry, clean lines, and a neatness of the canine beard.
- Gnarliest Beard: Wild-looking, gnarly dog beard! The wilder the better!
- Sweetest Stache: The title says it all!
- Old Timer: Has your dog become a curmudgeon, full of grey hair and living on a prayer? Give them one last hurrah by entering them here!
Best in Show: Winners of each category will go head-to-head to see who is the overall Best in Show! Audience participation will be a big factor in this decision.
To enter your pet in one of the categories, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, pet’s name, and category(ies) that he or she will be interested in entering.
e will also be registering walk up competitors the day of the event!